This weekend, here’s what we DIDN’T do:
1. Huz didn’t go to Lahore to meet a college friend he hasn’t seen in 18 years.
2. We didn’t go for a long sightseeing drive through interior Sindh with a couple of friends.
3. I didn’t hang out with my sisters and eat khow suey.
5. We didn’t go to T2F for the Bell gig.
6. We didn’t go out for tikkas and Peshawari ice cream.
Instead, we stayed at home.
Amu had a mini meltdown trying to decided what to study from the 6 subjects left in her midterms which continue till the end of this week.
Seeing her on the verge of tears over Math, Huz decided to drop what he was doing and help her solve problems for a few hours until she relaxed with a semblance of understanding and moved on to English Lit. (they’re doing Macbeth)
I gave everyone moral support by doing laundry and making lots of sandwiches and also a big bowl of the Memon version of the Burmese khow suey (which is very delicious too) and pottering around cheerfully, washing, cleaning, putting away stuff. Also fell asleep while reading ‘The Corrections’.
And Fuzzy vowed to be as naughty as he possibly could.
One of these days, i WILL go leave him in the forest without any bread to find his way back 😛